I’m in London! I am alive! And I’ve never been more thrilled to be.
It’s been great here but there are things I miss:
- The US Dollar
- Not having to introduce myself as American
- Hot showers
Thankfully I also have found ways to deal with these:
- Only spend money on food, accommodation, and transportation. There are free events everywhere and 90% of museums are free.
- Don’t be embarrassed. Embrace that I’m American and do everything I possibly can to avoid talking about Trump, teachers, and gun control.
- This one is self-inflicted…. but hey there’s a bed and breakfast in Iceland patiently waiting for me.
Here are three awesome things I did:
- Found the hostel! (This was a BIG one for me. I predict I’m going to get lost a lot on this trip…)
- Attended a free comedy show last night.
- Got enough sleep so now I can actually do cool things. I’ve been terribly jet-lagged!
And here are three things I’ve learned here in London so far:
- You are a jerk if you travel on the tube during the evening rush. Everyone just wants to go home.
- Yes, people know where Arizona and Pennsylvania are.
- Napkins are tissues?
PS. Here are some gems!